Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Random Musing

As per usual, when I got home from school today I was absolutely exhausted. I drank a Monster this morning to keep myself awake, so my brain was too busy for a nap. So I laid down for a couple of hours with my eyes closed and my face in the couch and my back to the world and just let my mind wander. My body got tricked into thinking I'd napped and my brain got some exercise.

I started thinking about how hard it is to communicate sometimes. For example, when I was in middle school, I was obsessed with the song "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield. I told this to my best friend at the time, and she responded "Of course you do, it's about writing." I remember sitting there, trying to figure out how to explain to her how it meant more than that to me. I mean, first off, it's not about writing in the literal sense anyway. It's more like choosing your own path. I loved it, but at the time I totally couldn't put it into words.

There are several other times that I experience communication problems. I have a friend who learned English as a second language, and sometimes he doesn't understand me. It's not like I can translate my thoughts into Spanish, because I don't speak more than the basics, so we kind of come to an impasse. I also noticed I have a hard time putting into words my passion for various books, songs, and movies. Maybe we use the word "love" too much, because it doesn't seem to be enough sometimes anymore.


Song of the Day- "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield

No comments:

Post a Comment