Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dear Wrist Brace

I miss you. Being away from you is causing me so much pain at the moment. It's nearly bringing me to tears. People tell me it's for the best, but right now all I want is to feel your embrace. 

You've been there supporting me through so much since we first met. You were there to help me swim at Clay's Fourth of July party. You were there to keep Jason from getting too rough. You sparked several conversations with people that I didn't really know how to talk to at the time. You were the butt of many jokes, but you took it in stride. You were always there for me when I needed you. Even when I didn't, you were there as a promise of your support. You've been a quiet but reassuring companion. You saw me through my best and my worst moments, my laughter and my tears. 

I know you'll still be there for me when I'm doing particularly difficult tasks, and that's comforting. I just really wish we could be together all the time, not just when I desperately need you. I guess it's better than having to quit you cold turkey, though. 

Just know that I miss you, and Tylenol can never replace you. 

Love, 
Me


Song of the Day- "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction

No comments:

Post a Comment