Friday, January 27, 2012

A Letter to My Big Sister

Dear Mary:

Sis, I don't exactly what's going on right now in either of our lives. Mine for reasons that I'll get to when your crisis is over. But I know that whatever it is, we'll both pull through it.

I don't know your reasons for the tweet you sent earlier. I wish I did, so I could have some more clarity. Obviously right now I'm just confused, and I don't understand. However, I do trust your judgement. If you think that this is the right choice for you right now, then I encourage you to do it. No matter what happens, I will be there to support you.

It seems that, as usual, we're both going through a rough patch. But you know what? We've done this before. We've been going through them since before we even knew the other existed. And we escaped from them all alive. We may have been a little scarred and a little scared, and we may have gotten wounds that will last us a long time, but we survived. And we will continue to survive. We will continue to survive while yelling battle cries and slaying all sorts of monsters. We can conquer the world together, you and I.

So keep your chin up, sis, and you'll be able to do it. I believe in you. And I love you.
And I hate that your letter to me was so much more powerful. But whatever. You're always better than me anyway :P

Love From,
Your Little Sister <3


Song of the Day: "Battle Cry" by Ludo

No comments:

Post a Comment