Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Asexiness

So today is National Coming Out Day... and I did not fully participate (I did a little bit, I'll come back to that). Why? Well, I have a couple of answers I'd like to give. I'm saving it for Asexual Awareness Week, or since I haven't quite figured out if I'm demisexual or straight ace yet it's not really anyone's business, or I forgot about it until about an hour and a half ago (the last one is 100% true). But while these are definitely factors, the real truth is that I'm a chicken. So yeah. I'll try again during Asexual Awareness Week? lol

But since it is National Coming Out Day, while I did not come out fully as I had hoped, I did come out to a friend of mine. I was talking about Faekitteh from AVEN with Danny and Mackay and showed them a screenshot of her with her ears and paws. Mackay asked "Is she gay?" and I responded, "She's asexual." Mackay knows about my asexuality (and does not approve), but Danny had never heard of it. So I explained what it was. He said "I can fix that" in the way he has :P I threatened to punch him in the face.
Tonight we had this conversation (we text each other in all caps because it's more fun that way):
Me: DID YOU GATHER FROM THE CONVERSATION IN TELECOM THAT I'M ASEXUAL?
Danny: I DIDN'T GATHER THAT. I GOT THAT YOUR FRIEND IS ASEXUAL, BUT I DON'T THINK YOU CAN PRODUCE CHILDREN FROM EGGS, LIKE A BIRDY. (I guess he doesn't know what asexuality in Biology is, either :P)
Me: THAT'S NOT WHAT IT MEANS WITH HUMANS :P I HAVE NO INTEREST IN SEX. IN FACT I FIND IT DISGUSTING. THAT'S WHY CLAY AND I DIDN'T WORK.
Danny: I THOUGHT IT WAS BECAUSE CLAY WAS STUPID. LOL. ALRIGHTY THEN JUST TRY NOT TO GIVE ME PAMPHLETS ABOUT HOW BETTER IT IS TO LAY EGGS. :D

So I guess I did come out today, just not to everyone like I planned. But I did come out to Danny ^-^

Song of the Day: "Short Skirt, Long Jacket" by Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment