"Ugh, I have nothing to do in Latin Slash Study Hall."In my head now, I can hear Taylor Swift singing "You should've said no..." (Just that line, the next wouldn't make sense. Sure, it'd have been nice to go home...) But Moxi was persistent, and I gave in pretty easily because I didn't want to spend eighty-five minutes staring at the ceiling. I had no books to read, and I didn't have my notebook because SOMEBODY left it at his house even though I reminded him that morning. So in a way this is all Jake's fault <3
"Wanna borrow the Kindle?"
I still prefer real books, by the way. But there are some upsides.
Pros of E-Readers
- Being able to carry several books at once without making your backpack weigh more than you do. It's really nice that when you finish one book you can start a new one without having to pull another one out.
- The books are organized. You can't lose them, and you can search for them and find them easily.
- If you're trying to find a certain part of the book, you can search within the book (that is, if you know the wording of that part)
- Battery lasts a while
Cons of E-Readers
- There's no "new book smell" or "old book smell." There's no smell, period.
- It's a lot more complicated to let people borrow an e-book than a real book.
- I read Christine by Stephen King, and at one point, they're comparing one of the characters' signatures before and after he got possessed. They show both signatures in the book, and the reader's supposed to notice the total change. Except you can't see them on the e-reader.
- The battery does eventually die.
- If you accidentally skip a part and become confused, it's hard to go back and go find it.
- You can't flip the pages of a book. I know there's a vlogbrothers video where one of them rants about not liking e-readers that I quote all the time, but I can't seem to find it.
- It's a lot easier to steal books with an e-reader, which is bad for the writers and the economy and such.
- I love libraries and bookstores and we won't have them anymore if the e-readers take over
There are plenty of other reasons I'm against e-readers, but maybe I don't hate them as much as I used to.
Song of the Day: Not actually a song, but I have it on my iPod. Enjoy.
Don't just look at her ass, eat it.