Monday, December 3, 2012

Anti Date Rape Drinkware

Okay, okay, I know I haven't posted in like six months. I'm probably going to get back to that. Probably.

Anyways, the reason I'm here:

There's a new company called DrinkSavvy that is creating straws, plastic cups, and glassware that change color if a drink has been drugged. There are test strips out there that do the same, but it's so awkward to do that and to be super-safe you'd have to do it repeatedly throughout the night. The fact that the straw or cup changes color is brilliant. They have a start-up here. Right now the goal for the money is to perfect the prototype and be able to offer it free to rape crisis centers, but eventually they'd like to get bars and universities to make it standard protocol to use it. This makes me super excited for several reasons (not the least of which being that I myself am a sexual abuse survivor), and if anyone could donate or just spread the word that'd be fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment