Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sweet Asexy Love Day

So apparently the tradition is to post pictures and captions, but I don't feel like posting pictures. So screw that. I'm just going to briefly summarize the relationships that mean the most to me in no particular order until I lose interest. 

Neil- le boyfriend. We danced around each other for a while, but we're finally together. I'm not going to say our relationship is perfect, because no relationship is. He's known I'm asexual since August, and obviously he's cool with that. We're still kinda awkward around each other sometimes, but when we finally get into the groove, it feels right. 

Mary- I have so much trouble describing us. Imagine the best friend you could possibly have, the one who knows what to say, who makes you laugh, who cares about you sometimes so much you feel like crying of happiness even when everything else seems to be falling apart. I mean sometimes it's hard, because when she's hurting all I want to do is be there for her in person, and I can't. 

Selby- She's already gotten her blog post ^-^ We have a million inside jokes, and we both know how to make each other smile. We also know how to piss each other off, but we haven't taken advantage of that yet. I show her a side of me that most of my IRL friends have never seen. 

Zach- I've been friends with him since eighth grade. I've probably fought more and harder with him than anyone else in my life, but we get each other. We've been there for each other through a lot. We often talk about really dark topics, because we've both been in really bad places, and I think we worry Neil sometimes. Neither of us mean what we say, and it's nice to have someone to talk about that kind of stuff theoretically. 

Paul- He's getting his own blog post. I've been working on it. He's my big brother. I love that I can run to him when things are going wrong and he gives me the attention I crave and even seems to enjoy it. He's one of the few that never get annoyed with me. He knows how to make me giggle and how to make me cower in fear, and does both quite often. He seems to know how I feel about most things without me telling him. He just knows me :)

Moxi- Jeez. Where do I start? We've had our rocky parts, but it's smooth sailing right now. I think she handles my depression better than everyone else. She's the right mix of "it's going to be okay" and "pull yourself together and get done what needs to be done." I'll never forget her teaching me a unit's worth of AP Bio in fifteen minutes when all I really wanted to do was go curl up somewhere and ignore the world, and me acing the test because of that. I've gotten to the point now where when she hits me, I do it right back, and I think she respects me more now that I've learned to stand up for myself. 

Alex- Moxi's boyfriend. I'm forever indebted to him for loving her when I couldn't stand her. He's somewhat of a brother to me now that Mox and I are friends again. I can talk to him like I couldn't before. We bond over her craziness. The day that I decided I really liked him was the day that my nose was running and he gave me a tissue while Moxi laughed at me. I think that pretty much sums up our friendship somehow. I haven't quite figured out how to put it into words yet. 

Matt- I don't even know which relationship to state here. He's Alex's, Moxi's, Zach's, and my close friend. He joins Zach and I with our discussions. He feeds me. He teases me. I feel comfortable around him. He makes jokes about a lot of stuff that some people think he shouldn't, but I find him highly amusing. He's also really smart. 

Mackay- Our friendship is uber complicated. Sometimes he gets super irritated with me, and sometimes I can't stand him. He's extremely blunt, and he never does anything to save my feelings. However, he's still a good friend of mine. I can trust him to be honest when I ask him something. He balances concerned and joking extremely well when I tell him about my past. 

George- I've known him since I was a freshman and he was a junior. We have a lot of miscommunications because he keeps a straight face while being sarcastic, and I often think he's serious when he's not. He's one of the few I ever talk to on the phone. I think we become exasperated with each other pretty evenly, so it all works out. I definitely think we'll be friends for a long time. 


All right, I'm bored. Hey, it's an even ten!

No comments:

Post a Comment